- All taxable real and personal property is valued as of January 1 of the assessment year for taxes due and payable in the following tax year (RCW 84.36.005 and RCW 84.40.020).
- Personal property listing forms are mailed by this date (RCW 84.40.040).
- (On or before January 1) The Department will mail an annual renewal reminder postcard to nonprofits (RCW 84.36.820).
- County assessor delivers tax roll to county treasurer and provides county auditor with an abstract of the tax rolls showing total amount of taxes collectible in each taxing district (RCW 84.52.080).
*IF A DUE DATE FALLS ON A SATURDAY, SUNDAY, OR LEGAL HOLIDAY, THE DUE DATE CHANGES TO THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY (RCW 1.12.070).
Also in January
- Property taxes can be paid once the treasurer has provided notification that the tax roll (based on last year’s assessments) has been completed (RCW 84.56.020).
- Renewals for deferral participants who received deferral in previous year are mailed — Deferral for Senior Citizens and Disabled Persons and Deferral Program for Homeowners with Limited Income (RCW 84.37.050 and RCW 84.38.050).
- DOR mails renewals for prior year participants in the Property Tax Assistance Program for Widow/Widowers of Qualified Veterans (RCW 84.39.030).